Water is the most important part for losing weight and keeping it off. Water is also the best way to keep your body in good health. Here are my favorite tips and tricks.
- Drink 8oz of water before every meal or snack
- Bring a bottle of water everywhere you go.
- Find your favorite way to get the water in. There are a million ideas on pinterest on adding fruit and herbs but go back to basics too. Water with ice. Hot water with lemon. Water with crystal light or other alternative.
Most people ignore this tip by making excuses. I am too busy. I can’t sleep well. I just have to do...*(insert excuse). But your body needs to reboot. And rest. Sleep helps you live longer and happier. In weight loss and weight maintenance, sleep is crucial. And without proper sleep we turn to comfort foods (high calories, high energy) because our bodies think that we need to hold on to our resources. This ultimately slows down our metabolism. We make bad decisions. We are often cranky. Sleep is absolutely necessary.
Monitor your sleep daily. Notice patterns in sleep habits and adjust accordingly so you can get the best sleep.
Try and sleep at the same time every night
Take a fun quiz about your sleep patterns at http://www.thepowerofwhenquiz.com/
Clean eating is taking in whole foods, or "real" foods — those that are un- or minimally processed, refined, and handled, making them as close to their natural form as possible. In order to be good to your body, 90% of your daily food intake should be from whole foods.
Add fruits and vegetables to every meal and snack
There are clean eating recipes for old favorites. Check pinterest or clean eating magazine for recipes.
Check out domestic geek on youtube. She has a bunch of videos and meal planning tips that are easy to follow.
Check ingredients of the foods you eat. You will be surprised how much sugar is added to everyday foods such as peanut butter and marinara sauce.
FIND A BUDDY TO EXERCISE WITH
Everyone needs a support system when creating new habits. Why not your friends or neighbor? Or group exercise at your local gym? Find your people.
- Find a group on meetup.com that runs/walks/exercises in your area.
- Try something new. A swim class or masters swim club. Try tai chi. Explore new opportunities to find your people, your niche.
- Don’t know where to start? Try my exercise plans. It helps to have a goal and measure your progress. The exercise plans aren’t difficult, they meet you where you are.
You will never get where you want to go, if you talk yourself out of it all the time. What you think is so important to your overall health. This is going to be your saving grace. Your ace in the hole. I want to encourage you to try and pay attention to the way you think about yourself, your self image.
Be confident! Your body is going to change with age, with health factors, with exercise. Love your body. It is the only one you have!
Be grateful. Write down something everyday that you are grateful for each day. Not the same thing, something new each day.
I want to let you know that you aren’t alone in your struggles with your weight, food, life, stress and health. I am here. I have put together these tips to help you be the person you want to be. Happy and healthy. If you are ready, I am here to be the bridge between who you are now, and who you want to be.
Smile. Today is going to be a great day!